It becomes challenging to know which kind of clubs to use when you begin golfing. All golfers must have a putter, a driver, a set of irons, and one or two wedges. It’s why it is essential to choose the correct set of golf clubs.
This Aspire golf club review will help you find the most superior equipment to use as an amateur golfer and avoid the costly road of modifying it down the road.
Playing golf may be difficult and can lead to quitting for players who do not have the proper club sets. The Callaway Men’s Strata Ultimate is a well-known and well-liked golf club. So it is because this set is a comprehensive and excellent choice.
To simplify the experience for you as you prepare to purchase your first set, we have brought together our knowledge and experience to help you find the best golf club sets for amateurs in this aspire golf club review.
Best 10 Sets of Golf Clubs
We have tested numerous golf club sets and filtered the best options available. As you know, there are a plethora of possibilities. However, all of the sets differ.
Here is the aspire golf club review list of 10 golf club sets currently on the market:
- Callaway Men’s Strata Complete Set
- Callaway Women’s Strata Golf Sets
- Wilson Men’s Ultra Complete Golf Set
- TaylorMade RBZ Speedlite Set
- Callaway Golf XJ Junior Golf Set
- Aspire XD1 Ladies Women’s Complete Right-handed Golf Clubs Set
- Aspire XD1 Men’s Complete Golf Clubs Package Set
- Nitro Golf Blaster 15-Piece Complete Set
- Precise M3 Complete Set
- MacGregor CG3000 Golf Club Set
Aspire Golf Club Reviews – Tried & Tested
These products were all tested by multiple professional golfers before ranking:
- The 5-hybrid is ideal for amateurs since it was developed to substitute for the difficult-to-use long irons.
- The standing bag is lightweight and has a cooler pocket, five compartments, and a rain hood.
- The wedges and irons are engineered with total sole thickness and perimeter weighting technology for greater control.
- There is no sand wedge included in the kit.
- The bag is uncomfortable on the shoulders.
For an amateur, the Callaway Men’s Strata Complete Set is one of the top choices. After taking quite a few shots we determined that the clubs in this set focus on ball control, range, and forgiveness. All of these are essential attributes for any golfer, especially a newbie.
A stylish 460cc driver, two hybrids, two fairway woods, four irons, a putter, two wedges, four headcovers, and a lightweight standing bag are included in this kit. Many amature golfers struggle to handle the accuracy while using a putter. This issue can be solved using the mallet putter the Callaway men’s strata complete set provides, it has better accuracy than a regular putter.
- The set contains a putter, a driver, a wood, one hybrid, four irons, PW, SW three headcovers, and a stand bag.
- The driver in the set is a 460cc lightweight forged golf club that helps in faster swings and longer shots.
- It has a mallet putter with alignment for higher accuracy.
- The set is only available for right handed golfers.
- The swing weight on both the woods and drivers is a little heavier than normal.
Callaway values female amateur golfers who are searching for a club package as a beginner set. The Women’s Strata Plus Complete Golf Set has 14 pieces featured in the Callaway Strata Series.
The forgiveness, control, and distance mix make this set appealing. The clubs are committed to strengthening the swing with minimum effort on your behalf. The set created just for women provides a superb mix of distance, forgiveness, and control that offer ease and is convenient to play.
- A driver, a contemporary putter, three fairway irons, four hybrids, and Irons 5-PW are included in the set.
- The entire set is made of sturdy materials and has cutting-edge design technologies.
- A carry bag with flexible shoulder straps and a stand are also included in the bundle.
- A sand wedge is not included in the package.
- The driver’s head is big and it takes time to get used to it.
- Putter is very light which may be a turn off for some.
The Wilson Men’s Ultra Complete Golf Set features cavity-back irons of stainless steel with undercut and deep grooves for straight and long strokes. This golf club set is available for both left and right handed golfers.
When we tested the gold club set we found out that the clubs had deep, undercut stainless steel cavity-back irons. This type of engineering on a club means that they are built for longer and straighter shots. The light-weighted driver is a godsend for novices who struggle with a good swing. Amateur golfers will love the bag that comes with the kit. It has features like rugged handle top, a self activating stand, numerous pockets and adjustable shoulder straps.
- The set’s aesthetics are classic, sharp, and timeless.
- The mallet-style putter is forgiving and helps with alignment.
- The set does not include a bag.
- The set lacks a hybrid club.
TaylorMade has created a 14-club lineup that has true mainstream appeal. If you are looking for a premium set that will function well and look good, too, the TaylorMade RBZ Speedlite is worthwhile.
After taking quite a few shots with the clubs we found that the irons have thick toplines to boost confidence at approach without being overly cumbersome and unfriendly. The gray polish on the metal woods, combined with a flash of green, looks fantastic. According to the experts, TaylorMade has created this set to be forgiving and simple enough for beginners to get experience quickly.
- The XJ will assist junior golfers with hitting long shots.
- The set is designed for children ranging in height from 38 to 46 inches.
- The set has clubs that are lighter in weight and smoother to swing.
- Not recommended for children above the age of five.
- Children who develop quickly may exceed the shaft length.
The Callaway Golf XJ Junior Golf Set is ideal for younger golfers. These clubs are made with ultra-light material that makes it easier for younger golfers to swing at maximum speed.
The set comes with a complimentary carry bag and the four-piece set — containing a fairway wood, a sand wedge, a putter, and a seven-iron — weighs under 4 pounds. The Callaway Golf XJ, like an adult golf set, has clubs with a lot of forgiveness.
- For amateur women, the 460cc titanium driver is a steal.
- The entire set is designed for female golfers.
- The stand bag comes with two straps for easy carrying.
- The golf kit is just for right-handed golf players.
- The driver hosel feels weak when held in hands.
Aspire is one of the leading golf club brands which is famous for making verseile golf club kits. The Aspire XD1 Ladies Women’s Complete Set has non-slip rubber grips and graphite shafts that help amature maintain grip after a power shot.
When you open the kit you will find a titanium driver, a hybrid, a fairway wood, a putter, 6-PW irons, three headcovers, and a stand bag. With high modulus graphite, the ultra-light shaft allows you to swing freely. If you are a right handed female golfer, this might just be the perfect golf club set you can buy at this price. If you are looking for gold club sets for left handed golfers do check out our best left handed club kits review.
- Mis-hits are more forgivable with the 460cc titanium driver.
- The grip on the clubs is similar to that of a putter.
- The golf club kit is offered in two sizes: regular (for 6’1″) and tall plus (for 6’1″ or more).
- The golf clubs are only for guys 6 feet tall and more.
- The bag feels cheap and will not last long.
- The putter doesn’t offer roll control.
The XD1 Complete Golf Clubs Package Set is among Aspire’s more reasonably priced sets. A titanium driver, hybrid, fairway, 6-PW irons, a putter, three headcovers, a carrying bag, and a stand are included in the package.
It is designed for amateurs and professionals and is available in right-hand orientation only. When we took some shots with the clubs included in this kit we noticed that the woods feature pure graphite shafts for various grips, while the irons feature True Temper Steel shafts. Taller golfers will like this package kit, particularly the shaft’s length.
- A heavy perimeter-weighted putter produces a precise roll and a seamless stroke.
- The three woods have a beautiful profile with a good loft angle for amateurs and high-handicap players.
- Big cavity-back irons provide a massive sweet spot and a higher launch angle.
- Not as well-made as sets from manufacturers like Wilson and Callaway.
- Only available for right handed players.
The Nitro Golf Blaster 15-piece Complete Set is a dependable and comprehensive set for amateurs and high-handicappers searching for a low-cost set to start their golfing career. The Blaster package covers all the basics for beginner golfers, including six irons, three woods, a bag, and a hefty putter.
While using the set we noticed that the driver has a loft of 10.5 degrees. Thanks to that it becomes an ideal golf club set for a beginner. One of the most challenging things for high-handicap players is to get the ball into the air, and this set’s driver can help with that.
- The shafts are of the highest quality.
- Woods have graphite shafts and the irons have steel shafts.
- The putter offers balance and precision.
- Comes with dual strap bags.
- There is no sand wedge included in the kit.
- The kit only has one hybrid, which is not acceptable for some.
We found that the Precise M3 Complete Set is ideal for starting golfers looking for a solid foundational set to develop on.
The 3-wood has a low profile and a large striking area. It performs a great job of elevating the ball with carry from the tee. The hybrid has a thin profile and a rounded base that glide softly over the turf to impact the golf ball significantly. When held in hands the level of touch provided by the irons is rather astonishing.
- It includes two hybrid clubs that are perfect for amateurs.
- The clubs are weighted perfectly.
- The putter is well balanced.
- Included is a fantastic carry bag.
- It only has the cart bag version.
- The putter does not have a good grip.
MacGregor has a long and renowned heritage in the golf game. It is an entry-level golf club set, comprising a 13-degree driver, a hybrid, and a low-profile fairway wood that are meant to be easy to target. Maintaining the center of gravity deep and low you need to adjust your launch in a very calculated way but thanks to the irons in this set it becomes much easier. The irons include an undercut cavity to maintain the center of gravity deep and low, making them simpler to launch.
With this set you also get a mallet-style putter and your option of a cart bag or premium stand. This will make you stand out in the field. Sometimes when we buy a golf club set we struggle to find a set that suits a player who is short. Most of the golf club sets contain long clubs but the MacGregor CG3000 Golf Club Set provides 1-inch shorter or longer steel stand choices with clubs. This makes them appropriate for shorter and golf players.
Things to Consider When Buying Amateur Golf Clubs
Consider the following points when looking for a set of golf clubs as an amateur.
Everyone understands that golf is a costly game, moreso for amatures. However, there is more economical equipment available, particularly golf club sets. Choose the clubs that will not break the bank but will also not sacrifice quality.
The clubhead and shaft materials vary from club to club. Titanium is the material of choice for the head, particularly for beginners. It is more costly than alloy steel, but it performs significantly better. Many professionals and seasoned players choose graphite shafts. Usually, stainless steel is the superior option for novices.
The loft is defined as the angle created between the clubface and the ground. The greater the degree of loft, the higher the ball will travel, but at a lesser distance. For a longer length, amateur golfers should use a lower loft with a driver, somewhere between 10 and 12 degrees.
In 2019, the United States Golf Association specified that a driver’s capacity should not exceed 460cc. However, it has a limitation of 10cc — the greater the capacity of a clubhead, the greater the forgiveness for mishit shots.
Amateurs should use a versatile shaft to assist them in improving their ball striking. The shaft length is important for ball control and precise strokes, so golfers should choose an appropriate length based on your arm’s reach and your overall height.
Many novices and amateurs, particularly women, choose light-weighted golf clubs. If a club seems too heavy, you must swing more forcefully. It can be exhausting and may fail to result in improved performance.
Center of Gravity
If you are a novice player, use a club set with a lower center of gravity. A low-center-of-gravity club head allows the ball to shoot higher and have less spin. Most professional and more-seasoned golfers choose a greater center of gravity, as the ball spins more with a shorter launch.
A typical 14-piece set includes seven to eleven irons, including wedges. Usually, the sets have 3 to 9 irons. If you’re a high handicap, you can use fairway woods in place of the 3 and 4 irons.
Quality is a typical issue with amateur setups. However, unlike the products we listed here, some clubs can be poorly constructed. They can have problems with the head, grip, and shaft. As a result, it is well worth choosing companies well-known in the golf world, since the items will be of high quality. Wilson and Callaway’s dominance in this field is a good example.
Standard or Adjustable
Adjustable clubs include built-in adjustments that enable golfers to change the heaviness of the club upwards or downwards, reducing or increasing spin on the ball and duration in the air. This will enable you to continue to use that set as your game develops.
As per the aspire golf club review, mishit shots are typical for new players, limiting distance and hindering precision. Novice clubs are built with bigger sweet spots and broader heads, providing more forgiveness while allowing players to make firm contact with the golf ball.
According to our aspire golf club review, the Callaway Strata Ultimate is the most pleasing overall golf set on this list. If you want a quality club set at a lower price, consider the Aspire XD1 Men’s Complete Golf Clubs Package Set. We hope this review will help you choose the perfect starting golf club kit for yourself. Moreover, if you are looking for the best club for driving range do check out our review on it.